Monday, August 30, 2010

Opry Country Classics--8/31

After taking most of the summer off, Opry Country Classics returns to the Ryman Auditorium for its fall run of shows. The format looks the same, with a spotlight artist being featured. This week the Spotlight Artist is Connie Smith. It is nice to see one of the Opry's top female vocalists being honored and I hope this starts a trend of having Opry members as the featured artist on the shows. I know that in coming weeks, Loretta Lynn is being featured.

This week's show has Bill Cody from WSM radio as the host and will feature:
Jim Ed Brown
Jimmy Fortune
Jeannie Seely
T.G.Sheppard
Emily West
Billy Yates

1 comment:

  1. I'm confused. When they started this show, I thought they had a 'theme'. This nights show was more or less like a Tuesday night opry. Connie was listed as the 'spotlight artist' but it seemed more like TG Sheppard or Emily West, (who I really like, but is she 'classic'?) were spotlighted. Other than introduce Connie, they didn't talk to her like they did the other artists or really focus on her in anyway other than that she closed the show. I enjoyed the show, but just was wondering....

    ReplyDelete