Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Jimmy Dickens HealthUpdate

This from Nashville this morning:

Grand Ole Opry icon Jimmy Dickens, who has been absent from his beloved Opry stage for most of 2013, is set to undergo three weeks of short-term radiation treatments for a pre-cancerous condition on his vocal cords beginning next week. The Opry member's doctors expect him to make a full recovery. "I can't begin to express my sincere gratitude for the thoughts and prayers that are being sent my way," Dickens said. "My family and I appreciate the support, and I can't wait to return home to the stage of the Grand Ole Opry in one of my favorite rhinestone suits somebody soon."

The country legend most recently surprised Opry audiences with an appearance on April 12. His most recent scheduled Opry appearance came on December 22, 2012.

Get well soon Jimmy!!!

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made a boo-boo. I wanted to say, there is a silver lining in this bad news: that apparently doctors feel he can handle the treatment and that it's a good thing. That isn't always the case with this sort of condition, especially since The Potato is 92. Here's hoping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Michael. I'm happy the doctors believe he can withstand the treatment.
    Sounds like good news to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always been impressed with Jimmy Dickens stamina; allowing for his age; and agree, the medical community wouldn't do this if they didn't see positive benefit; treatments aren't easy regardless of age.

    ReplyDelete