Sunday, December 24, 2017

Merry Christmas

I just wanted to take a moment and wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and a safe holiday season. I also wanted to say thank you to each and everyone one of you who over the past year have shared their love of the Grand Ole Opry with me. I have been lucky enough to meet many of you while attending Opry shows, and several of you have become personal friends. I am also fortunate that those who I have not met in person, have become friends and acquaintances via email and facebook posts. I appreciate each and every one of you and I hope that the friendship continues.

I know that some weeks it is hard to stay a fan of the Opry. But let's keep it going in 2018 and beyond. Keep sharing the stories and memories. Keep offering those opinions on what we like or dislike. Keep hoping that every Opry show is a winner and that some of the long-lost Opry members find their way back to the Opry House. And let's remember that year we seem to lose a few more of the legends, so treasure those who are still with us.

But most of all, care. If not for those of us who care about the Opry and its history, there would be no one to tell the stories and keep the memories alive.

Merry Christmas to all from Casey and myself and to each and everyone of you, I hope Santa is good to you and all of your holiday wishes are fulfilled.

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas to you, Byron, your family, and the Fayfare family. Thanks to you for keeping us updated--and thanks to the Opry. However much we may complain, it is the Opry, and it's still here.

    ReplyDelete