Monday, April 17, 2023

Tuesday Night Opry 4/18 & Opry Country Classics 4/20

Beginning this week, the mid-week Opry shows will consist of the Tuesday Night Opry and Thursday night's Opry Country Classics, as the Wednesday Night Opry gets a break from the schedule. The Wednesday night show will return at the end of May, at which time Opry Country Classics completes its Spring run of shows. 

Looking at the schedule for Tuesday night, Opry members John Conlee, Craig Morgan, Jeannie Seely and Steve Wariner are listed, along with Opry NextStage artists Breland and Hailey Whitters. Bobby Bones and 49 Winchester round out the schedule. 

Tuesday April 18
7:00: Jeannie Seely, Breland, John Conlee, Steve Wariner
Intermission
8:15: 49 Winchester, Bobby Bones, Hailey Whitters, Craig Morgan


Opry Country Classics is highlighted by Opry member Chris Young, who will be the Spotlight Artist this week. Also on the schedule are Opry members Mandy Barnett and Charlie McCoy. For Charlie, this will be his first Opry appearance since the first weekend of the year. 

Restless Road rounds out the schedule, along with Larry Gatlin and The Gatlin Brothers. 

Thursday April 20
Opry Country Classics 7:00
Host: Larry Gatlin 
Spotlight Artist: Chris Young
Also Appearing: Gatlin Brothers, Mandy Barnett, Charlie McCoy, Restless Road


9 comments:

  1. Did WSM forget to come back from the intermission Saturday night, and why did the show last so late? I didn't listen to the whole show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nat, they filled the last hour for Circle TV. That might explain it.
      (Byron)

      Delete
    2. Sounds right Byron. Thanks!

      Delete
    3. I know I'm always the downer but it felt like two different shows to me Saturday. I could say more but not it would be objective. The Opry has changed but it still seems like they have to stretch the format even more to be good enough for Circle.

      Jim

      Delete
    4. Jim, I’m thankful that there’s a promoter in my area that has shows that are an hour to hour & half of my home. Tickets are reasonable ( $50 has been the highest). Those shows have been Oak Ridge Boys, Ronnie Milsap, Gene Watson, Bellamy Brothers, Rhonda Vincent, Leona Williams, John Conlee, & others.

      Upcoming shows are William Lee Golden & The Goldens, Moe Bandy, Jason Petty( who played Hank in the play Lost Highway),& Shenandoah. 95 % of the time the shows are sold out. There’s still a market for our kind of music, just got to have the right people promoting, marketing, etc. Curry

      Delete
    5. I was there on Saturday you're absolutely right about it being two different shows Mike Terry told everyone before intermission that he wouldn't be doing the second half then a few minutes before intermission ended Kelly Sutton came out and told the audience how it was gonna work, apart from Jamey Johnson and Caitlyn Smith it wasn't enjoyable at all

      Delete
    6. I can imagine. I love the Opry, at least I have all of my life up to know and I can't turn against it just because times are changing. There's just to much good there over it's history to turn my back on it. But buying a ticket at the high price at the risk of some of the stuff being forced on the customers these days is not something I desire to do. It is true, only because I know the history and what has and in some cases still takes place at the Opry, that there is a feeling just being in the house as opposed to listening on the radio. However, I can turn the radio down but I can't run in and out of the house when I feel I am being forced to observe something way beyond what I thought the Opry was about.

      I'm not condemning anyone or anything it is just beyond my taste and enjoyment and I can still chose what I want to participate in.

      Jim

      Delete
  2. what is Opry NextStage ??

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Opry NextStage brings up-and-coming artists — ones with stories to tell and music that needs to be heard — into the spotlight in a way that only the Grand Ole Opry can. Discover your favorite new artists through live performances, digital, radio, and television broadcasts. Years from now, you’ll be able to tell your friends that you’ve been a fan since the beginning."

    https://www.opry.com/artists/opry-nextstage

    ReplyDelete