Tuesday, September 15, 2026

Mid-Week Opry Shows

Tuesday September 15
Scheduled to Appear: Riders In The Sky, Del McCoury Band, Rhonda Vincent, Grace Potter, Noeline Hofmann, Restless Road, Tift Merritt
(No actual running order was sent) 


Wednesday September 16
7:00: T. Graham Brown, Wyatt Ellis, Andrea Bejar, The Frontmen
Intermission
8:20: Warren Zeiders, Briley King, Silverada, Steven Curtis Chapman


Opry Country Classics 
Thursday September 17
Host: Larry Gatlin
Spotlight Artist: Ricky Skaggs
Also Appearing: Gatlin Brothers, The Whites, Walker Montgomery, Barbara Fairchild, Billy Dean, Sara Evans


6 comments:

  1. Caught Chris Scruggs on the show tonight and he was wonderful as always. His performance of the Hank Snow song "Fool such as I" really brought back the memories of the Opry that I grew up loving. I guess he is too country to be an Opry member.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MAYBE the fact that Chris is already a member of Marty Stuart's band hurts his chances to be a member himself? I enjoy his Friday night show as well.

      Delete
    2. Chris Scruggs was a late addition to the Opry lineup. I agree with the comments. I saw him and his group last October at the Opry and was very impressed. And looking ahead, he is scheduled for the upcoming Opry Country Christmas shows in November and December.

      As far as Opry membership, who knows what the future holds.

      Delete
    3. I think it was Rodney Crowell who did the song during a guest appearance on the Opry and got a nice round of applause. Then he said, I think I deserve more applause for having the guts to sing that song on a program that Hank Snow is on. The audience agreed and applauded again.

      Delete
  2. Marty Stuart calls Chris "the professor" for good reason.
    Chris has a DEEP appreciation for our traditional country music.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He DOES have a pretty good bloodline!

      Delete