Monday, June 21, 2021

Tuesday Night Opry June 22

One of the Grand Ole Opry's long lost members who makes very infrequent appearances on the show will be at the Opry House on Tuesday night as Reba McEntire will be appearing. Apparently, the Opry is commemorating Reba's 35th anniversary as a member of the Opry, as she joined the cast on November 21, 1985. Yes, that is a little late, but better late then never! Not really sure they are going to do anything special during the show, or if they are just going to mention it. 

Also appearing on Tuesday night will be frequent Opry guest Carly Pearce. I mention that because a couple of readers have sent me messages wondering if there is a chance that Reba might surprise Carly with an invitation to become an Opry member. I guess anything is possible and with the rumors and speculation regarding Carly, it could happen. Or it could not. 

7:00: Riders In The Sky; Seaforth; Maggie Rose; Gary Mule Deer
8:00: Carly Pearce; Lukas Nelson & The Promise Real; Restless Road; Reba McEntire

Yes, that is correct. It is Restless Road and not Restless Heart that will be appearing. For Restless Road, this will be their Opry debut. 

Made up of three different but complementary voices, Restless Road is a powerhouse country band with one of the most auspicious breakout stories of 2020. Praised by People, Taste of Country, Billboard and more, the trio’s powerhouse harmonies and soul-baring lyrics put them on numerous 2021 “Ones to Watch” lists, as members Zach Beeken, Colton Pack, and Garrett Nichols continue to rack up millions of on-demand streams. 

Since Zach and Colton joined forces after meeting on a singing competition (where they met future collaborator Kane Brown), Restless Road has stood out as a vocal force in a genre increasingly defined more by its production than its voices. When Garrett came onboard in 2015, they knew they had something special.

In February 2020, the trio unveiled their debut self-titled EP, which includes “Take Me Home,” featuring Kane Brown. A short year later, they dropped their latest track, “Took One Look At Her Momma,” which American Songwriter praised for its “captivating melody and lyrics that those in a relationship could benefit from hearing.”

Restless Road recently earned themselves the opening slot of Kane Brown’s “Blessed & Free Tour,” which runs from October 2021 to February 2022. With all signs indicating Restless Road is a contender for best new vocal group, its members continue to write, sing, and perform together as they take the next steps down country music’s long and winding road.
_____________________________________________________________________

And yes, for those wondering, Lukas Nelson is Willie's son and he has appeared on the Opry before. Lukas has really been making a name for himself on the Americana charts. 

Looks like a full line-up and a lot of talent for the Tuesday Night Opry. 




10 comments:

  1. I am seeing a lot of speculation, or perhaps wishful thinking about Carly and Reba tonight on the Opry. I guess anything is possible and it is expected at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Should we care about Reba either way? Has she even made 35 appearances in the last 35 years?

    ReplyDelete
  3. There you have it. Carly Pearce is now a member of the Grand Ole Opry. Dolly Parton did the invite, which was filmed a few days ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From what I understand she is already a member, according to Dolly

      Delete
  4. Meaning as of now— no future induction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. David, Carly posted on her page that the induction will be August 3. I thought it was official as of tonight but apparently I was wrong.

      Delete
    2. Yes, Dolly worded it wrong. Looks like our assumptions of Carly was correct! Now maybe they’ll pick an active veteran, Tracy Lawrence, Kathy Mattea, etc

      Delete
  5. I feel good about Carly being an Opry member. She has had a good track record with 85 guest appearances. Hopefully she doesn't follow the lead of Brad Paisley and a few others, who made many guest appearances and then disappeared after becoming a member, but rather follows the example of Carrie Underwood. I do believe that she loves the Opry and "gets it." The Opry needs to continue to get younger and that was what they did tonight. Congratulations to Carly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny that Dolly did the recording when Reba was going to be there! But, again, you nailed it. I'm not a huge fan of Carrie Underwood's music in the way that I love certain others, though I'm certainly a fan of hers. But I honor her commitment. I hope Carly does indeed follow in those footsteps.

      Delete
    2. I totally agree, Byron. I am very happy the invitation was extended to Carly & I am happy that it was Dolly who got the honor of inviting her, since Carly worked at Dollywood, so in some way, life has come full circle for both of them in this situation.

      I thought I heard at some point, that when someone is invited to be an Opry member, they became a member at that moment but that the induction makes it official, I may be under the wrong understanding.

      I agree with @David B, the Opry needs to invite Tracy Lawrence & Kathy Mattea & I will add Mandy Barnett, I really do believe they would all be terrific members. The jury was out for me regarding Mark Wills but I am very happy to say he proved me wrong, he is an excellent Opry member. I love when these members prove me wrong, it tells me they are very serious about their membership as far as getting to the Opry stage. Some are, many are not, unfortunately. However, I do believe many of them are asked to do things that have nothing to do with them singing on stage, when the Opry recently celebrated Steve Wariner's 25 Opry membership night, I remember Mike Terry saying that "they", I took that to mean Opry management, thought that Steve would like his pal, Garth Brook, to help celebrate the night" so the Opry invited Garth to come to the Opry or possibly Garth called the Opry to see if he could appear with Steve, I think this is what the Opry also expects all members to do, so somewhere along the line it all works.

      In the meantime ... Congratulations Carly! August 3rd it will be, a Tuesday Night Opry show & I am sure it will be a night she will never forget. I'll be listening in. Hopefully the Opry will live-stream this night, or at the very least the induction, I would be remiss to think it won't be Jeannie Seely inducting Carly seeing the two are are very close friends, but we never know until the time arrives. I am thinking Carly's FB & Twitter pages may carry her induction live. Fingers crossed anyway!

      (Jeanene)

      Delete